Doing a Life Scan for every aspect of your life is a great habit to cultivate.
Look inside to see where you sense a pull, what is calling you? The key is to ask the right questions and listen for the answers.
Let’s Do This People!
I always love creating little challenges for my clients. Not only does it prove how powerful we actually are over our own lives, and how we feel, but it also keeps us healthy.
Here’s the fun part—you get to do the diving and explore the deep waters of your world.
What area of your life would you like to have a bit more comfort; space, breath, ease, joy? Would you like to feel better in your clothes? Perhaps feel better naked? Or maybe you want to stop procrastinating and tend to your life in a prompt manner. Or maybe it’s time to finally organize that junk drawer, or entry way closet. If none of those strike your fancy then take a moment and do a Life Scan and peruse through your life and see what draws your attention.
Six areas to Life Scan and some questions you might ask
1. Physical Health
- How does my body feel?
- Is there pain I should be paying attention to?
- Am I active enough?
- Do I stretch enough?
- Am I eating a healthy diet?
- When was the last time I went to the doctor and had my labs checked?
- Do I need Vitamin D?
2. Emotional Well-Being
- How is my heart feeling?
- Am I doing okay?
- Do I have any emotional needs that I have not been paying attention to?
- Do I need to express myself to someone?
- Is there something unresolved in my life I need to address?
3. Spiritual Connection
- Am I spending enough time alone?
- Have I been reading books that expand my consciousness?
- Would mediation be good for me?
- What brings me joy?
- Am I surrounding myself with the energy I want more of?
4. Play Time
- When was the last time I laughed out loud?
- Do I need to watch more comedies?
- What can I do that I really love doing?
- What is my favorite game?
- Am I doing something I love?
- Should I dedicate more time to nurturing my career?
- Is there something I can change that will bring me more joy?
RELATED: How To Keep Loving What You Do
- Have I spent enough time with my family?
- Have I let the people I care about know how much I love them?
- Have I let the people I care about know if something is bothering me?
- Do my loved ones feel heard and witnessed by me?
- Do they know I care?
How to Find Your Imbalance
For me, I am feeling the need to implement more play, and leisure time. This also means committing to a meditation ritual that I actually show up for every day. I tend to keep myself busy when I have down time instead of actually enjoying the down time. I will tidy, organize, cook, garden, or dedicate time to build my health and wellness business. Those activities can begin to blur together and take up every waking moment. Lucky for me, I love my work and everything I do brings me joy so I am fine with my routine. What I would like to focus on is where I sense a bit of imbalance.
As I do a Life Scan, I notice that my body and my mind are asking me to practice doing less and discovering what presents itself in those pockets of quiet, stillness, nothingness. I invite you to do the same.
Look inside and see where you sense a pull, what is calling you?
Whatever it is, allow it to be your teacher. Listen to what your life needs, and wants, from you. Perhaps yours is saying ‘Get off your butt and sweat everyday!’ Or ‘Please stop drinking wine every night, it doesn’t make me feel good.’ Or ‘I really feel stressed when you let those papers pile up and avoid paying the bills.’
The key is to ask the questions and listen for the answers. Doing a Life Scan for every aspect of your life is a great habit to cultivate.
These are all jumping off points. Have fun with it; dive deep and discover what’s in there. Enjoy the view and remember, make it light hearted and playful. This is about getting to know yourself more and loving yourself more.
I’m going to do it. Join me!
I’m here if you have any questions.
Be well, and know that you are loved.
Dove’s boutique studio, Dove’s Bodies, has been an LA institution for more than 35 years. With a background combining decades’ worth of studies in fitness, dance, pilates, martial arts, primal movement, yoga, pranayama, organic nutrition, energy healing, mindful living, intuitive clearing and meditation, Dove is sought out for her unique, intuitive wholistic total-body approach. Dove’s life passion is to guide her clients on their own unique path to wellness, wholeness, and the full integration of mind, body and spirit.
Connect With Us on Social Media!
Living in a disposable world of paper towels, one-use bottles & plastic packaging, explore alternative solutions for less waste and a happier environment.
We search the world each month for our Happy Headlines to lift you up, inspire and bring a some happiness to your day.
How many colleges should I apply to? More than you might think. One of LA’s top college counselors on the ins & outs of college applications & financial aid